- Borrowing privileges are given only to the Faculty, Visiting Faculty, Research scholars, Staff and Students those who are registered in the library.
- Books can be issued only against ID-Card issued by the IIT Kanpur to the borrowers.
- The ID-Card are non-transferable and their loss should be immediately reported to the library.
- Reference books, Text books, unbound issues of journals, Periodicals, news papers and technical reports will not be issued out of the library to anybody.
- Books and materials kept on Reserve Section (Text books) will be issued only for 2 hours and re-issued it before due period.
- The issue of library materials will be stopped at 9 P.M. on Monday to Friday, and at 4.00 P.M. on Saturday (No issue and return on Sunday & Institute holidays).
- Faculty, Academic staff 20 Books 180 Days
- Ph.D. Students 15 Books 30 Days
- PG Students, Group A & B Staff 10 Books 30 Days
- UG Students & Group C & D Staff 10 Books 14 Days
- Superannuated Faculty 05 Books 90 Days
- Alumni Membership 05 Books 30 Days
Overdue Charges: 20 Paise per day