- About Us
- What is Archives management?
- Categorisation of Archives records
- Activities involved in Archives management
- Collection of Records
- Archival tools
- Archives Team
- Donation to Archives
It has become essentially important to institutions because knowledge of history is fundamental for internal communications and for solutions to problems. Archival materials are distinguished in nature, which is essential not just for the institute but for the society.
A record management committee has been constituted by the institute, which will look into the records of different departments and will advise on their retention and destruction on the guidelines given by the government of India. The records will be transferred to the archives after necessary pruning.
Archives Division HoldingsRecords
Archives DatabaseRetired Fautly and Staff
What is archives management?
Categorisation of Archives records
‘A' meaning ‘keep and microfilm', this classification will be adopted for:
1. Files that are eligible for permanent preservation for administrative purposes and must be microfilmed because they contain: (i) a document so valuable that its original must be preserved intact and access to it in its original form must be limited to the bare minimum; or (ii) material that is likely to be required for frequent reference.
2. Files of historical importance.
"B," meaning "keep but do not microfilm"—This class will cover files required for permanent preservation for administrative purposes but not containing material of the kind mentioned in (i) or (ii) of the previous para.
"C" means "keep for a specified period only"; this class will include files of secondary importance and have reference value for a limited period not exceeding ten years.
Activities involved in Archives management
The main activities involved in archives management can be grouped into the following six categories:
- Review & Weeding
Collection of Records
The Archives Division uses the following hardware and software tools for the preservation of records:
Dr. S K Vijaianand
Mr. Vivek Kumar Yadav
Asst. Library Information Officer
Ms. Madhu Agnihotri
Sr Assistant (Lib.)
Mr. Rakesh Tiwari